Subbing in a festive CBD Gummies recipe over our usual weekend smoothie offering. Just as easy and a great way to get your daily cbd supplementation with a festive twist.
Prep Time 24 mins
Homemade CBD gummies in the form of gingerbread men are a fun and healthy way to supplement over the holiday period. The flavour and aroma pack a burst of fresh strawberries. The texture is thicker than jello but not as dense as gummy bears. While some like the puréed strawberry seeds, if you prefer a smoother texture you can use pomegranate or grape juice instead. I like using frozen strawberries because after they thaw, you’re left with soft and syrupy strawberries that are perfect for turning into purée.
You can find silicone molds for your gummies all over the internet. I found these gingerbread moulds at my local Hobby Craft. If you want to get started on your gummies right away, you could also pour them into a shallow pan to set and then cut them with a biscuit cutter.
The key component of these gummies is grass fed gelatin and CBD. Grass-fed gelatin is an incredibly healthy substance that not many people think of adding to their diet. It’s derived from animal bones and contains collagen, minerals and many important amino acids that boost the health of your hair, skin, and nails. Not only is gelatin terrific for building strong bones, but it may also improve joint function and skin elasticity as well as maintaining muscle mass. These are just a few of the many wonders of grass-fed gelatin.
- 1 Cup of frozen strawberries, thawed and puréed
- 3 T fresh lemon juice
- 3 T pure honey
- Cannakinetic CBD
- 4 T Grass-fed gelatin
1. Place thawed strawberries in food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Use a measuring cup to make sure you reach 1 cup of puréed strawberries.
2. Place puréed strawberries in a saucepan. Stir in lemon juice and honey. Heat mixture over medium/low heat until hot, about 3 minutes.
3. Slowly sprinkle in gelatin while whisking to break up clumps. Bring to a low boil. whisk continuously once boiling for about two minutes. Gelatin should be dissolved.
4. Remove mixture from heat. Using a tablespoon as measurement, carefully pour mixture into molds.
5. Set mold in the fridge for at least 1 hour to set.
6. After 10 mins take out the moulds which should have cooled down but not started to set. Add a drop of CBD to each mould and put back in the fridge.
7. After at least 1 hour in the fridge take out and remove from molds and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Tip: Set silicone mold onto a plate or small baking sheet for easy transfer to refrigerator.